Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Baseball - I'm at my breaking point.


Above is a picture of me taken the other day when I crossed from the Southern Hemisphere into the Northern Hemisphere about an hour north of Nakuru.
Last night I was laying there in my bed trying to think about what I missed most from the United States. I initially thought popcorn and Pepsi, but then it came to me. I miss baseball the most.
I miss freaking out when my team goes 3 and 7 over a 10 game period. I miss Baseball Tonight on ESPN. I miss John Miller and even Joe Morgan on Sunday Night Baseball. I miss Rod Allen saying the most outrageously rediculous things you could think of. I miss the crack of the bat. I miss hating the Yankees. I miss the people - Sweet Lou Pinella, Griffey the kid, Curtis Granderson flying into the centerfield wall, Rollins and Utley making amazing double play after amazing double play. I miss the teams in 1st place slumping and dropping to 3rd place, so long as it's not a team I like. I miss hoping Carl Crawford will steal another bag. I miss waking up and checking the box scores. I miss seeing that Josh Hamilton went 0-4 and fearing that it's the beginning of some giant slump. I miss hoping Manny Ramirez will get suspended - well that already happened, but I'm still hoping A-Rod will. I miss baseball and can't wait to watch it again in August. Just in time for the playoffs.


I can go without apple pie, Uncle Sam, and I'm even skipping the 4th of July, but missing baseball is nearly too much.
I think this year will be the year of the greatest World Series in history - Tigers v. Reds.
It can happen.
Jordan

3 comments:

  1. How about Cub fans throwing homerun balls back on the field. 2 outs 3-2 count power pitcher vs, power hitter.Hot dogs with mustard(only time I eat mustard is at a game).Around the horn double plays, and seeing something you have never seen before( thats hard to believe after thousands of games) . Baseball will always be here Jordan whether we are or not. John

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.
    Terence Mann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tigers v. Reds!!! Who would you root for!?! Probably the opposite of me! Take good care! T:)

    ReplyDelete