Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Desk / Office / Dinner Table


I recently wrote about how much writing I’ve been doing, and mentioned that some of my writing happens in the forest.  That’s true, but more of my actual work and writing happens at my desk. 

As one of the first things I purchased when I moved in it has been worth every penny, dime, or Zambian Kwacha.  My desk was made by a local carpenter, and aside from my bed, I spend more time here than anywhere. 

So here is my desk.  Let me give you a tour of it… 

My desk / office / dinner table

Sitting on my desk is a radio that I’ve adorned with characters from “The Office.”  I put Andy Bernard next to the power switch, because every time I turn the radio on I think about how Andy had to turn off his anger after he punched a hole through the wall.

I have candles, lots of candles.  The sunsets about 6:30 every night here, so how is someone without electricity suppose to see?  Candles, that’s how.

Piles of papers (to the top right).  Like any office I have papers and if I’m not careful they’ll grow and grow until they cover the full surface.  Making my desk a shelf.

I’ve got a few pictures of family and one of Michael Scott.  If you have to question the latter photo, then you don’t know anything about me.  If you don’t see your picture up there, I apologize.  I’d be happy to put it up, but you’ll need to send it this way.  So go ahead… send away.

Let me see, what else is there?  There’s a picture here, so look for yourself.  Just know that I spend a lot, an awful lot, of time toiling away there: writing reports, letters, playing Monopoly on my Kindle, and doing insightful thinking.  

1 comment:

  1. This desk makes your all task be achieved,sometimes the best things are just simple as long as you are comfortable with your place.

    ReplyDelete