Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, and Me

This blog will probably be the last time that I am ever directly linked with Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney Kardashian unless some Act of God places the the four of us on a desolate island, and if that happens I can only imagine the outcome. 


So maybe this blog is a bit far-reaching for me then, since the focus is on these three Armenian-American pits of public interest and myself.  Aside from the fact that Kourtney is the best, and most likely to make something of her life (no DUIs, lost videos of love making, etc.), these three little ladies are making something of an interest of mine.  That isn't saying much... 


Since I came back to Michigan a couple of days before Christmas I have spent nearly the entire time eating and watching as much TV as humanly possible (minus 10 days when I was busy seeing friends in Washington DC and New York.  Even then all I did was eat).  Everything from the Kardashians to Maury to Teen Mom can be found on my viewing menu.  It's terrible and I'm not proud of it, but these are the little examples of Americana that I will miss a lot while I'm in Zambia.  Most people when they go abroad really miss certain foods - pizza, burgers, milkshakes and so on, but for me it will be these mindless shows that engross the viewer.  Sure I'll miss baseball, college football, and March Madness, but those are seasonal.  These bits of viewing delight are year-round commodities.  


I shouldn't be too distraught though... when I was in Kenya I heard about the death of Michael Jackson within a few short hours of his passing.  My dear friend Wambua, who I will blog about in length soon, passed the news on to me and the two of us were miles and miles from the nearest TV.  So, with that being said, maybe I shouldn't be too upset that I'll be missing out on pop culture.  It may just find me.  After all, the Wrath of the Kardashians is far reaching, the Maury Empire is all encompassing, and Teen Moms are all around.  


An Average Day Feeding My Addiction / Keeping Up With The Kardashians In The Basement





3 comments:

  1. You and ashley have the same addiction except hers is sassy black women. Wierd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan I must admit that when I was in Argentina I would watch the Kardashians every night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jane and I have the perfect antidote: You'll soon be receiving your 1st TV Guide in Zamb...a full 2 year subscription. And for dessert: same with People Magazine! Yes, we do love you, Jordan.

    ReplyDelete