Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Updates

This will be brief and will hardly even count as a blog post, but I wanted to leave a brief update.  Training is about 1/2 complete now and things are going really well.  I'm still enjoying Zambia a lot and it is hard to believe I have been here for 7 weeks or so.

The weight loss competition is going really well.  Britain is still winning although I have now lost about 16 pounds, so I am catching up a bit.

We are doing an NCAA March Madness bracket tournament here... I was in first place.  That is until Michigan State lost.  Now I'm just hoping to save some face and not get last place.

Also, I wanted to say that if anyone sent me a postcard or letter I would love it.  You know in those movies about soldiers and other people overseas that wait very anxiously for letters and mail to arrive?  That's how it is here.  Any incoming mail is like Christmas.  So please, send something.  Then I can brag to all the other trainees that I got mail and they didn't.  I have not changed.

Jordan Blekking
US Peace Corps/Zambia 
PO Box 50707 
Lusaka, Zambia


3 comments:

  1. I'm going to send you something really embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only been 7 weeks??? ;-) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bff Art should write you since you sent him money and a really long letter.

    ReplyDelete