Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Trip Details

I thought it would probably be important to state what my trip itinerary is and why I am even doing a blog.  

I will be leaving in less than one month, May 9th, for Kenya.  I will be touching down in Nairobi on Sunday May 10th.  The first portion of my trip is the Study Abroad leg of my journey.  This portion will last roughly five weeks until Friday June 12th.  I'll stay over in Nairobi for a few days, then my internship will begin on June 15th in Nakuru, Kenya.  For the next two months I will be living in Nakuru and working for the Kenyan Wildlife Service on a variety of projects that involve water issues inside Nakuru National Park.  The internship will end on August 7th and I will arrive back home in Michigan on August 9th.  

I am really looking forward to the trip as a whole, but the internship should be especially amazing.  Just the opportunity of staying for the entire summer in Africa is a dream come true.  Last year I came home from South Africa once my Study Abroad Program was over and I had really wished that I would've stayed longer to do some traveling and sightseeing.  This year I decided to not make the same mistake again.  

About this blog:  My brother suggested that this may be a good way of keeping people up to date with what I am doing, as well as an interesting way to detail my journey.  As of now I plan on giving this blog my best faith effort and to update it as soon as and as extensively as I can.  However, sometimes the best laid plans can fall by the wayside, but its worth a shot.  

3 comments: